The Best EQUIPMENT – A few tips about the items above – based on my experience.
- Get loose fitting cycling jerseys that are easy to wash and dry quickly
- Titanium pots are ultra light and easy to clean.
- A thick fleece jacket is better than wool and you can use it as a pillow
- Get an "ultra-light" sleeping bag, a fleece liner, and sleeping sheet.
- Ortlieb and VauDe bicycle panniers are 100% waterproof.
- Ask your dealer about a thick cable lock from ABUS that cannot be cut with a bolt cutter. They are well worth the money.
- Löffler, Colibri, Goretex super lightweight 100% waterproof breathable rain jackets also serve as good windbreakers.
- Sleeping Sheet (This is a thin easy-to-wash sleeping sack that you can use as a liner in your sleeping bag. It gives you extra warmth when it is cold and adds life to your sleeping bag. When it is really hot at night, you can sleep in it on top of your sleeping bag to stay cool and yet have enough warmth to sleep well. Feels great!
Things that fail to work properly
- Cheap tires – split or blow. I use Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires. Depending on what you need, Schwalbe has a wide selection of the best tires.